Friday, March 4, 2011

Restaurant Peeves

Ohai guise. Mhuszta nua keu pfhoes? Namisz nio va aqou? Hindi aqou nakapag post last month nouh? Busy kaszi sa school iih.

Don't mind those Jeje words above. I'm just messing with you and I kinda miss the issues about Jejemons. Hehe. But uhm...this post is not about Jejemons and their ~*RaD*~ hand signs. TROLOLOL. This post is all about my experience at Shakey's Paseo (Random. I know).

I ate there a few times already. Sometimes, with my family and most of the time, with my friends. The problem with this restaurant is that it takes a lot of time to serve the food. As in! It's not good to eat there if you're starving because you'll end up getting your food when you're already dead. JK. Hahaha. Well, that's not really the problem because restaurants cook the food when the customers already ordered. Not unlike in fast foods wherein the food are already cooked before the customers order. My real problem at Shakey's is the attitude of some of the waitresses working there. Like, seriously.

Based from my observation, when their customer is middle-aged or let's just say...older than them, they treat the customer nicely. I think this is because most of the middle-aged people already have jobs. Meaning, they have money to pay for what they ordered. But if the customers are young people and their eating at a fancy restaurant, sometimes you can't help but to think if these kids have money to pay for what they ordered especially if they don't have an older person with them. But don't get me wrong. Just because some kids don't look like they have money doesn't mean they really can't pay. And just because these kids are younger than you doesn't mean you could disrespect them.

I've experienced being disrespected by waitresses a few times already. And just what I've expected, I've been disrespected whenever I'm with my friends (Actually, I only experienced that at Shakey's Paseo). My recent experience was when I'm with my boyfriend and clique. One of my friends ate his packed lunch at Shakey's instead of ordering food like what the rest of us did. And this bitchy waitress kept on looking at him. I somehow understand her because what my friend did is kinda uhm...improper? Or maybe because I never brought food in a restaurant then eat it there without ordering food from them. Hehe. Anyway, when the food (including the beverages) was served, I noticed that the bitchy waitress didn't give me straw for my beverage. I always drink from the straw whenever I eat outside. So I asked her nicely to give me a straw. And you know what her response was?
Teka lang ha? (Just wait, okay?)
And I was like, Oh hell naw! *raised an eyebrow* I was shocked and at the same time, got really pissed off by her behavior because
  1. I asked her nicely.
  2. I'm the one who ordered a lot of food. So obviously, I'm the one who has a lot of money here, bitch.
  3. I don't have bad breath or whatever.
  4. I didn't do/say anything mean to her.
  5. I asked her nicely.
  6. I asked her nicely.
  7. I asked her nicely. And lastly...
  8. I asked her nicely.
My friends teased me because of the waitress's response. But that didn't make me shout at the abominable bitch and call her manager. I really wanna tell her these things even before my friends teased me:

"Excuse me? How dare you disrespect me eh you're just a waitress here. I was just asking you to get me a straw because you didn't give it to me when you served the damn beverages! Where's your manager?! With 1 Million exclamation points!!"

But alas! I didn't tell her that because I don't want people to think that the younger generation are now choleric war freaks. I still have some respect for that bitch because she's older than me. And as much as possible, I don't want to be in trouble because I don't want people to think that my family didn't raise me well. And besides, she did give the straw without uttering a word. Maybe because my friends teased me with what she told me.

What happened wasn't really a big deal for some people. But I really don't like being disrespected. I mean, who does? A lot of people are more patient and forgiving tho. Good thing I was in a good mood when we ate at Shakey's. If She snapped at me when I'm in my period, that bitch would have lost her job or been scolded by her manager. Because I would really make a scene and talk to the manager. TROLOLOL.

I really don't get it why people like her apply for a job that mainly deals with people. I mean, you have to treat your customers right even though they aren't that nice. But I guess it's hard to look for a job nowadays especially when you're an undergraduate. So you hafta grab every opportunity even though you don't like it or you're not good at it. Still, it's the companies' fault for hiring people who are not really qualified for the job. A person's attitude is important in this kind of job because you really have to talk to the customers. Ahk. So much for pleasing personality eh? Tss.

P.S. I have no posts last February because I was so busy, not because I'm bitter or whatever. People, my Valentine's Day celebration went well. And my lovelife's fine. ;)