Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why Brag?


I hate people who brag about what they have, what they have done, etc. It's alright to share your experiences to others, but not to the point that you'll shove them off to their faces. It's irritating.

Why do you have to brag about what you have if you haven't experienced everything? Yes, for sure you haven't experience everything yet. For sure, you don't have everything. You may tell me that you have experienced things that others haven't experienced yet. But do you realize that you also haven't experienced the things others have already experienced? You have things that others don't have. But other people also have some things that you don't have.

So what is the point of bragging if life is just really fair? Let's say you have the latest gadgets, the most expensive crap, etc. So what? What's the point of buying expensive stuff if you are not satisfied with their use?

I have bought a lot of original and expensive stuff. I have also bought a lot of stuff from the Ukay-Ukay. I'm not conyo, I admit that. I am not one of those socialites who only buy branded things, stuff that worth a million+, etc. I am a simple person with a simple life and I'm trying my best to be a practical buyer because our country, the Philippines, is just poor. There are a lot of poor people in our country and I feel guilty whenever I buy expensive stuff in a mall then when I go out, I see poor kids, disabled people, as well as old people (who usually carry children) who beg for money just to eat at least once a day.

I hate social-climbing people who buy expensive things (even the imitations of the genuine stuff) then show them off. Can't they realize that there are a lot of poor people in our country? You buy expensive bullshit, try hard to impress people, yet I bet you don't even give donations to the poor. And if you did give donations, was it because you really want to or because it's required ( because of school or work)? Think about it.

Plus, being a social climber (or boastful person) has a lot of disadvantages. One of these is having haters, (seriously, you shouldn't think that all of your haters are your admirers in disguise or they hate you because they are insecure or whatever. Sometimes, you really have a bad attitude that's why they fucking hate you.) Another one is, being targeted by snatchers, or whoever might steal your expensive thang (sad for them if they only stole an imitation) and a lot more disadvantages.

So yeh, before you decide to brag or whatever, think about the poor people in our country, the disadvantages, and the point of bragging.